Wednesday 12 February 2014

Deeside Brewery

From http://iansaleadventures.blogspot.com/

Whilst out on a cycle with friends this morning, we passed by Deeside Brewery and I decided to take up Mike Bain's offer for me to pop in any time, although I think we surprised both Neil (sales) and Dan (brewer) when four of us suddenly appeared on their doorstep. I took their photo at the entrance to the brewery:

Dan (left) & Neil (right)
It was also an opportunity for me to have my first taste of Deeside Swift, which hasn't been seen locally (although Neil told me he'd recently put some in to Scott Skinner's of all places):


Dan had contacted us yesterday as he was a little concerned that word was getting out that Deeside were no longer doing cask ale. This is not the case - they are still producing Macbeth, Swift and Talorcan - although it is very clear that Mike Bain, the owner, sees that by far the greater part of their output will come from keg and bottles, with cask a niche market for them.

Hope to see a few of you at Saturday afternoon's meeting, when the results of voting for local entries for GBG 2015 are revealed. The meeting also considers the nominations for the Pubs of the Year (City, Shire & Isles) and decides which ones it should be - you have to be there to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment