Sunday 12 September 2010

Deeside ale update

From http://iansaleadventures.blogspot.com/

Banchory golf club again had Davenport's Summer Storm, along with Spitfire this weekend, whilst the Legion had Wyre Piddle's Summer Splash and Everard's Equinox, both at £2.70 per pint. The latter is surely a more apt beer name for this time of year than any of the "Summer" ones?

Continuing the recent discussion on the Yahoo site about Davenport's, I found this old photo in my archives from 2005, taken in the Douglas Arms:



Similarly, responding to John Corall's posting to the Yahoo site, and his liking for Arrogant Bastard ale, I found this old photo of me, taken in Jacksonville, Oregon in July, 2002:




Paid my first visit for a while to the Aberdeen Arms, Tarland today. They've still got 2 Inveralmond ales on - Independence and Minstrel Ale - first time I'd seen or tried the latter - it's a fairly typical Inveralmond ale, but very pleasant nonetheless.

Continuing on the golf club theme, Kirriemuir GC also has one Inveralmond ale on handpull - Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment